Local Climate Strategies
Yet another wise person said – “Everything is connected”.
What is connected are things like:
- fighting climate change,
- restoring soil health,
- protecting pollinators
- respecting the wisdom and gifts of water,
- requiring social justice,
- learning to live our lives sustainably, which means meeting current needs without jeopardizing future resources.
There have been two new groups formed to help this region focus on issues closely related to food, which are water and soil.
https://www.waterleague.org/ works to:
- Engage the public on the topics of water use and quality
- Research and address threats to water resources
- Promote conservation best practices
- Protect and restore natural resources for all reasonable uses
Here are what some folks in this region are working to put these wise words into actions.